Trudy Bond, Ed.D. has been a licensed psychologist in Ohio and Michigan since 1980. She has participated in the training and supervision of psychology interns and masters students for over 18 years, as well as qualified as an expert witness in criminal, civil and family courts in Ohio. Dr. Bond has specialized in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and has been trained to provide psychological evaluations for those seeking asylum by the Physicians for Human Rights.
In addition to the Coalition for an Ethical Psychology, she was a steering member for several years for Psychologists for Social Responsibility -- an international organization of psychologists, other mental health professionals, students, and social justice advocates. She is the recipient of the 2015 Anthony J. Marsella Prize for the Psychology of Peace and Social Justice.
Beginning in 2007, in addition to a full time clinical practice, Dr. Bond has worked extensively to hold psychologists accountable for their roles in the torture and abuse of detainees by filing complaints with state licensing boards and the American Psychological Association. These efforts have been facilitated by extensive collaboration with many partners including the Center for Constitutional Rights and the Harvard Law School International Human Rights Clinic.
Included among her relevant publications and other contributions are the following:
- Denial of Justice: The United States’ Failure to Prosecute Senior Officials for Torture. Materials Submitted in Support of Hearing on Human Rights Situation of People Affected by the U.S. Rendition, Detention, and Interrogation Program before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, 156th Ordinary Period of Sessions. The International Human Rights Clinic at Harvard Law School, Prof. Benjamin Davis, Dr. Trudy Bond, Dr. Curtis F. J. Doebbler. October 23, 2015.
- The APA Relied on the CIA for Ethical Guidance. Roy Eidelson and Trudy Bond. Truthout, May 4, 2015.
- The Complicity of Psychologists in CIA Torture. Roy Eidelson and Trudy Bond. Counterpunch, December 11, 2014.
- New Evidence Links CIA to APA's "War on Terror" Ethics. Roy Eidelson and Trudy Bond. Counterpunch, October 14, 2014.
- Shadow Report to the United Nations Committee Against Torture on the Review of the Periodic Report of the United States of America. Dr. Trudy Bond, Prof. Benjamin Davis, Dr. Curtis F. J. Doebbler, and The International Human Rights Clinic at Harvard Law School. September 29, 2014.
- Complicity: Psychology and War on Terror Abuses. Roy Eidelson, Trudy Bond, et al. Psychology Today, May 13, 2014.
- Guantanamo and the APA: Where Accountability Goes to Die. Trudy Bond, Roy Eidelson, and Stephen Soldz. Counterpunch, April 11, 2013.
- Psychology Association’s Torture Link Fails “Do-No-Harm” Ethics. Roy Eidelson and Trudy Bond. Truthout, March 7, 2014.
- Psychologists’ Collusion in Ongoing Illegal Detentions. Trudy Bond, Roy Eidelson, Brad Olson and Stephen Soldz. Counterpunch, January 10, 2012.
- Open Letter on PFC Bradley Manning’s Forced Nudity and Solitary Confinement. Stephen Soldz and Trudy Bond, Statement for Psychologists for Social Responsibility. March, 2011.
- On the Humiliating Treatment of PFC Bradley Manning: An Open Letter to Robert Gates. Stephen Soldz and Trudy Bond, Counterpunch, March 9, 2011.
- Dr. Trudy Bond et al v. Larry James (Ohio, 2010). The International Human Rights Clinic filed a complaint with the Ohio State Board of Psychology, calling for the investigation and sanction of Ohio-licensee Dr. Larry C. James, former senior psychologist of the intelligence command at the U.S. Naval Station in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. July, 2010.
- Psychologists in an age of torture: An open letter to Dr. Carol Goodheart. January 13, 2010.
- Controlled Insanity. ACLU solicited submission. June 24, 2009.
- Fixing Hell and Curing Obesity. Trudy Bond, Counterpunch, August 7, 2008.
- If Not Now, When? Trudy Bond, Counterpunch, May 19, 2008.
- Dr. Trudy Bond v. Louisiana State Board of Psychologists. February 29, 2008.
- Camp 7 and The Torturer’s Shrink. Wikileaks, February 12, 2008.
- Shrinks, Lies and Torture. Trudy Bond, Counterpunch, April 15, 2007.
- APA Confab Whitewashes Torture by Shrinks. Trudy Bond, Counterpunch, August 23, 2006.